: Auditioning & Monologues
Search acting -- auditions as a subject heading in the library catalog for more titles.
Browse the PN2080 section on the third floor to see monologue books. You may also search monologues as a subject in the library catalog.
Selected Monologue Titles
Scenes for Two
You may search dialogues as a subject in the library catalog.
- Duo! The Best Scenes for Two for the 21st Century (PN2080 .D86 2009)
- Fifty Professional Scenes for Student Actors: A Collection of Short Two-Person Scenes (PN2080 .K58 1997)
- Fifty More Professional Scenes and Monologs for Student Actors: A Collection of Short One- and Two-Person Scenes (PN2080 .K63 2004)
- Forensics Series: Duo Practice and Competition: Thirty-Five 8-10 Minute Original Comedic Plays (PN2080 .L53 2003)
- The Methuen Book of Duologues for Young Actors (PN2080 .M42 1995)
- Plays for Two (PN2080 .P6 2014)
- Scenes from a Diverse World: A Contemporary Collection of 73 Short Scenes About Diversity with Two or Three Characters; For Student Actors (PN6120.D688 S34 2013)
- Shakescenes: Shakespeare for Two (PR2771 .B68 1992)
- Spare Scenes: 60 Skeletal Scenes for Acting and Directing (PN2080 .T56 2005)
One Scene Plays
Browse the PN6111 section on the third floor to see one act plays. You may also search one act plays as a subject in the library catalog.
Musical Theater Auditioning
- The Enraged Accompanist's Guide to the Perfect Audition (MT956 .G47 2011)
- Get the Callback: The Art of Auditioning for Musical Theatre (MT956 .F56 2016; 2009 edition is an eBook)
- How to Audition for the Musical Theatre: A Step-by-Step Guide to Effective Preparation (MT956 .O4 1995)
- Musical Theatre Auditions and Casting: A Performer's Guide Viewed from Both Sides of the Audition Table (MT956 .R87 2012)
- Musical Theatre Song: A Comprehensive Course in Selection, Preparation, and Presentation for the Modern Performer (MT893.P87 M8 2016)
Last Updated: March 2017