: Science Fiction
With Library Holdings
Find More Books
Browse more books in our collection
- Aldiss, Brian / Finches of Mars PR6051.L3F56 2015
- In this thoughtful meditation on the future of humanity, colonists on Mars struggle to prevent their own extinction.
- Allan, Nina / The Race --- PR6101.L4539A6 2016
- The present day and an alternate future merge as a child is kidnapped, a writer reaches into the past to discover the truth about a possible murder, and a young woman prepares for her mysterious future.
Atwood, Margaret / Heart Goes Last --- PR9199.3.A8H43 2015
- Stan and Charmaine are a married couple trying to stay afloat in the midst of an economic and social collapse. The Positron Project in the town of Consilience seems to be the answer to their prayers. No one is unemployed and everyone gets a comfortable, clean house to live in for six months out of the year. On alternating months, residents of Consilience must leave their homes and function as inmates in the Positron prison system. Once their month of service in the prison is completed, they can return to their "civilian" homes.
- Bova, Ben / Farside ---- PS3552.O84 F37 2013
- The discovery of an Earth-sized planet 30 light years from Earth sparks a race to develop a telescope to create a photographic record of the new world.
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan / The Terranauts --- PS3552.O932T47 2016
- Sealed inside a glass enclosure designed as a prototype for a possible off-Earth colony, eight Terranauts in the 1990s Arizona desert test their skills in five biome environments that they must protect from skeptics who would sabotage the mission.
- Cline, Ernest / Armada --- PS3603.L548A89 2015
- Armada is at once a rollicking, surprising thriller, a classic coming of age adventure, and an alien-invasion tale like nothing you've ever read before--one whose every page is infused with author Ernest Cline's trademark pop-culture savvy.
- Fortune, Margaret / Nova PS3606.O74888N68 2015
- Lia, a genetically-engineered human bomb, is sent to the New Sol Space Station in order to destroy it, but when her internal clock malfunctions, she must find a way to diffuse the bomb within her and attempt to live a normal, human life.
- Haig, Francesca / Fire Sermon --- PR6108.A38F57 2015
- The Hunger Games meets Cormac McCarthy's The Road in this richly imagined first novel in a new post-apocalyptic trilogy by award-winning poet Francesca Haig.
- Kroese, Robert / The Big Sheep --- PS3611.R625B54 2016
- "When a valuable genetically altered sheep mysteriously goes missing from Esper Corporation's labs, Keane is the one they call. But while the erratic Keane and his more grounded partner, Blake Fowler, are on the trail of the lost sheep, they land an even bigger case. Beautiful television star Priya Mistry suspects that someone is trying to kill her - and she wants Keane to find out who. When Priya vanishes and then reappears with no memory of having hired them, Keane and Fowler realize something very strange is going on." (from the publisher)
- Leckie, Ann / Ancillary Justice --- PS3612.E3353 A83 2013
- Now isolated in a single frail human body, Breq, an artificial intelligence that used to control of a massive starship and its crew of soldiers, tries to adjust to her new humanity while seeking vengeance and answers to her questions. (Also Ancillary Sword and Ancillary Mercy)
- Lee, Yoon Ha/ Ninefox Gambit --- PS3612.E34884N56 2016
- Captain Kel Cheris of the hexarchate is disgraced for using unconventional methods in a battle against heretics. Kel Command gives her the opportunity to redeem herself by retaking the Fortress of Scattered Needles, a star fortress that has recently been captured by heretics. Cheris's career isn't the only thing at stake. If the fortress falls, the hexarchate itself might be next.
- Mandel, Emily / Station Eleven: A Novel --- PR9199.4.S727 S73 2014
- One snowy night a famous Hollywood actor slumps over and dies onstage during a production of King Lear. Hours later, the world as we know it begins to dissolve. Moving back and forth in time-from the actor's early days as a film star to fifteen years in the future, when a theater troupe known as the Traveling Symphony roams the wasteland of what remains.
- Marshall, Peyton / Goodhouse --- PS3613.A7756G66 2014
- A bighearted dystopian novel about the corrosive effects of fear and the redemptive power of love.
- Mitchell, David / The Bone Clocks: A Novel --- PR6063.I785 B66 2014
- Following a scalding row with her mother, fifteen-year-old Holly Sykes slams the door on her old life. But Holly is no typical teenage runaway: a sensitive child once contacted by voices she knew only as "the radio people," Holly is a lightning rod for psychic phenomena. Now, as she wanders deeper into the English countryside, visions and coincidences reorder her reality until they assume the aura of a nightmare brought to life. For Holly has caught the attention of a cabal of dangerous mystics -- and their enemies.
- Nuevel, Sylvain / Sleeping Giants --- PR9199.4.N476S58 2016
- "17 years ago: A girl in South Dakota falls through the earth, then wakes up dozens of feet below ground on the palm of what seems to be a giant metal hand. Today: She is a top-level physicist leading a team of people to understand exactly what that hand is, where it came from, and what it portends for humanity. A swift and spellbinding tale told almost exclusively through transcriptions of interviews conducted by a mysterious and unnamed character, this is a unique debut that describes a hunt for truth, power, and giant body parts." (from the publisher)
- Pratchett, Terry / The Long Earth --- PR6066.R34 L66 2012
- 1916: The Western Front. Private Percy Blakeney wakes up. He is lying on fresh spring grass. He can hear birdsong and the wind in the leaves. Where have the mud, blood, and blasted landscape of no-man's-land gone? For that matter, where has Percy gone?
- Robinson, Kim Stanley / Aurora --- PS3568.O2893A95 2016
- "Generations after leaving earth, a starship draws near to the planet that may serve as a new home world for those on board. But the journey has brought unexpected changes and their best laid plans may not be enough to survive." (from the publisher)
- Rosen, Lev AC / Depth --- PS3618.O83149D47 2015
- Combines hardboiled mystery and dystopian science fiction in a future where the rising ocean levels have left New York twenty-one stories under water and cut off from the rest of the United States.
- Roth, Veronica / Care the Mark --- YOUNG ADULT PZ7.R7375Car 2017
- On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not -- their gifts make them vulnerable to others' control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?
- Shusterman, Neal / Scythe --- YOUNG ADULT PZ7.S55987Scy 2016
- "In a world where disease has been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed ('gleaned') by professional reapers ('scythes'). Two teens must compete with each other to become a scythe--a position neither of them wants. The one who becomes a scythe must kill the one who doesn't." (from the publisher)
- Smith, Alexander / The Alex Crow -- PZ7.S64257Al 2015
- The story of Ariel, a Middle Eastern refugee who lives with an adoptive family in Sunday, West Virginia, is juxtaposed against those of a schizophrenic bomber, the diaries of a failed arctic expedition from the late nineteenth century, and a depressed, bionic reincarnated crow.
- Weir, Andy / The Martian: A Novel --- PS3623.E432449M37 2014
- Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars. Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there. (Library also has film)
- Welford, Ross / Time Traveling With a Hamster --- CHAPTER PZ7.1.W4355Ti 2016
Twelve-year-old Al Chaudhury discovers his late dad's time machine and travels back to 1984 with his pet hamster to prevent the go-kart accident that killed his father.
- Yancey, Rick / 5th Wave PZ7.Y19197Aah 2015
- Cassie Sullivan, the survivor of an alien invasion, must rescue her young brother from the enemy with help from a boy who may be one of them.
Last Updated: September 2017
^ Back to Top