Student Information | Study Rooms | Research 101 | Library Science Courses | Research Guides
Class Guides | Reserves | Computers | Information for Centers | New Books | Student Employment
Group Study Rooms
- The group study rooms are available exclusively for use by SF students, faculty, and staff. Group study rooms are to be used for educational purposes only.
- To use a study room, students must be enrolled for classes during the current semester.
- Room reservations are required. Reservation requests must be submitted through the online booking system. Users must go to the 2nd floor Reference Desk at the time of their reservation to receive the room reservation card. The reservation card must be returned to the 2nd floor Reference Desk by the end of the reservation period.
- There are 8 small group study rooms on the 2nd floor of the library. These rooms seat 4 people. Two or more students are required to be in the study room the entire time the room is in use.
- The library offers 3 large group study rooms, which seat 16 people. A minimum of 5 people is required to reserve and check out a large group study room.
- The library was not designed to accommodate private single study space. In response to user demand Y-205 is identified as space for individual study. Reservations for this room are limited to three hours per day per individual.
- The library also has a conference/meeting room. This room is available for faculty and staff as scheduling demands permit. Faculty and staff may request this room by using the online form. Requests will be reviewed by the administrative assistant or the library director. The conference room is exclusively for conducting Santa Fe College business.
- Patrons who are unable to make their reserved time, should contact the library at (352) 395-5409 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to show within 15 minutes after the reserved time will result in cancellation of that reservation.
- Due to high-demand the rooms may only be checked out 2 weeks in advance. In order to provide equity of service for more people, during the last two weeks of fall and spring semesters, the library will limit group study room use. The limited rules will be posted at those times.
- Patrons may not leave personal items unattended in the study rooms. Any items left in study rooms will be taken to the SF Police Department’s Lost and Found. Library staff is not responsible for personal property left in study rooms by patrons. Library staff cannot lock/unlock a room during a reservation.
- If all patrons leave the study room at the same time during the period of their reservation, they forfeit their reservation. The room will be checked in and made available to other students for use.
- No food is allowed in the study rooms. Drinks must be in a spill-proof container.
- The library does not have capacity to meet external demand for study rooms. UF Connect students with a valid SF ID number may reserve a study room via the online booking system.
^ Back to Top